NRC Group Finland made it easier for employees to work with an easy-to-use and mobile-friendly Solu 365 tool that keeps project-specific information, files, Teams discussions, and document templates organized.
NRC Group, which operates in the rail and light rail construction and maintenance in Finland, employs approximately 1,000 people in different parts of Finland.
In addition to projects, personnel work in the company’s five main offices and regional project offices in a total of 17 locations in Finland, so mobile working is of primary importance both in the field and in the office.
When the old document management system running on the Microsoft SharePoint platform came to an end, the group’s information management department started looking for a new solution by conducting a needs-mapping survey for the employees
The survey brought a lot of valuable and detailed feedback on what kind of solution would best serve the needs of the personnel.
“The mobile usability was one of the things that came up in the solution,” says Head of Group IT Anu Asikainen from NRC Group’s IT-team.
The employees hoped that the new solution would also be simple and easy to use.
“The files and information were in a separate environment, which was a bit more difficult to access since you always had to go there with a browser and log in, so we wanted an easier solution for that. It has been this Teams solution which we use to manage all our data and files,” says Tommi Ilola, who works as a project engineer at NRC.
In the spring of 2023, all employees at NRC deployed the Solu 365 automation tool developed by Solu Digital, through which document templates are conveniently available in addition to project-specific information, files, and discussions on Teams. According to Tommi, work is also made easier by the fact that the tool can be linked to the resource management of an employee’s laptop.
The group’s IT Service Manager Ann Heinonen feels that the Solu 365 tool also helps on a larger scale: “The better our people know how to use Teams because of this solution, the more they can use it in their other work. Everything they learn about how they use Teams is always an extra benefit.”
“We have been really satisfied that we ended up with this tool and that all the requirements were met with these Microsoft tools,” says Anu.
The cooperation with Solu continues with development projects, and in the future, Ann and Anu believe that they will turn to Solu’s experts easily.
Read the entire article about the cooperation between NRC Group Finland and Solu Digital here
Check out our other customer stories:
- Keskisuomalainen & Solu Digital: Location independent working with Microsoft 365 solutions using agile development
- SSAB & Solu Digital: Easy-to-use project management and time recording solution
- Business Finland & Solu Digital: Securing correctly executed procurements and monitoring of expenses with a procurement portfolio working on the Microsoft 365 platform
- The city of Turku & Solu Digital: Project work independent of location and device with the help of automation
- Transmeri & Solu Digital: Seamless support for employees’ everyday work with Sharepoint Online and Power Platform
- Panostaja & Solu Digital: Solu 365® for Microsoft Teams provides a swift communications platform and document management
- Scania & Solu Digital: Efficiency for operations with easy-to-use solutions of Microsoft SharePoint, Power BI, Power Apps, Teams, and Solu 365®
- Trade Union Pro & Solu Digital: Solu 365® streamlines teamwork by enhancing communication and document management
- HSL & Solu Digital: Tools for transparent project culture and methodology
- HSY & Solu Digital: Managing projects and contracts using Investment Window