Project portfolio for more comprehensive project management at different stages of projects
Managing the project portfolio and project entities can pose challenges in organizations, even though the planning and management of individual projects goes well. Maintaining information about project entities can be difficult, and it takes a lot of time from project management.
With our project management solutions, you can easily and quickly manage all the projects in your organization.
Clarify your organization’s project management:
- All key project information is conveniently and easily found in one place
- The project portfolio creates transparency and consistency with project practices
- The tool for managing individual projects and the project portfolio supports the development of the organization’s project culture
- Role-based views and comprehensive filters make it easier to understand which projects are ongoing and completed
- Defining and following common practices will help you to use the tool successfully in everyday life as part of other work
“When everything works through Teams, at least for me as a project manager, it’s enough that when you open Teams, you can do everything through it, such as report situations and record hourly work and also then see from the reports how things are going.”
“Expert resources are better utilized, and we don’t have overallocation, so everyone can concentrate better on doing their own work.”
Project portfolio supports organization’s project culture
Project solutions can be customized according to the needs of the organization with the help of different types of tools:
- SharePoint and Teams provide a solution for many needs that maintains basic project information and some status information. The project Teams group includes discussions, documents, and Planner tasks as needed.
- Project for the Web brings more tools to plan project implementation and track progress more closely.
- Project Online is the most comprehensive solution with functionalities for precise resource management in addition to functionalities mentioned above.
- Solu 365 Portfolio provides a list of projects and project status information
- Project Center offers a comprehensive view of the projects, which can be found on Project for the Web and Project Online
- Microsoft Power BI complements project reporting by combining information from multiple systems as needed
- Project Online provides the functionality to record hours by project
- Solu Timesheet is an hourly entry application developed by Solu Digital that complements the functionalities of Project for the Web and provides review and approval for hourly entries as well.
In the project portfolio, each project is displayed according to its stage. In our project portfolio implementations, the requirements for project-specific monitoring are adapted to the organization’s own project process.
We adapt the project portfolio to your needs and implement the project portfolio as a collaboration that supports and facilitates the daily life of your organization.
“The personnel like having a view of the development of the whole organization.”
Download the project management guide
Download our guide to smooth project management and make your organization's project work easier. Leave your contact information and we will send the guide to your email.
Deployment of a project portfolio solution for effortless project management
Deploying the use of the project portfolio for all users is easy with Solu Digital, as our experts support you at every stage of the process:
- Defining a project portfolio solution according to the needs of the organization, the project culture and the management models in use (e.g. ABC model, V.S.O.P. or PRINCE2)
- Defining policies that support the needs of the tool into a project manual
- Training or workshops for smooth use of the project tool
Solu Digital’s top experts have the best experience and expertise in processes and project activities.
”The defining stage of the deployment increased our understanding of project management. Internal processes have been normalized and standardized. In the next stage, we intend to broaden the use of the Investment Window in the direction of our partner companies.”
Automate project management with the Solu 365® tool
With Solu 365® automation tool, the information, tools and colleagues needed for project work can be found in a few clicks in Microsoft Teams project teams. The tool can significantly simplify, speed up and streamline the project creation process.
Solu 365 provides a creation form view for projects and related workgroups and portfolio for all Teams groups in the organization.
With project and workgroup automation and a group portfolio view:
- Project work becomes easier and faster when project communication, reporting, and information and document management are focused on one application
- A clear and simple process for creating projects makes it easier to find information and documents, and increases their manageability and transparency
- Project management is aligned with the organization’s consistent practices
- Security is enhanced when access to external users is restricted to certain Teams groups.
Solu 365 automation tool creates workgroups suitable for different use cases (such as internal projects and projects with external partners) and defines, for example:
- Project for the Web project resources
- the structure of the Teams channels, for example a private channel for the steering group
- document folder structure
- document templates, such as reports for consistent work
- tools such as OneNote notepads
- an optional deadline for archiving the group, for example when the project ends
The automated project and workgroup management process ensures that the organization’s project activities and naming and recording policies are followed in accordance with consistent practices.
Easy navigation to Teams and Microsoft 365 teams helps you manage the project groups you own in the real-time portfolio view of Solu 365.
With Solu 365 solution, you ensure consistent project management across your organization in a transparent and secure manner.
Read more: Solu 365® automates project management
Check out our customer stories:
- The city of Turku & Solu Digital: Project work independent of location and device with the help of automation
- HSL & Solu Digital: Tools for transparent project culture and methodology
- HSY & Solu Digital: Managing projects and contracts using Investment Window
- Construction company Lapti Oy & Solu Digital: Managing the clientele and customer projects
Read more from our expert articles:
- Microsoft Project for the Web supports project management
- Microsoft Project for the Web: Project List and Project Form
- Microsoft Project for the Web: reporting with Power BI
- Smooth project work with Microsoft 365 tools
- Solu 365® automates project management
- Worktime recording smoothly with a Microsoft solution
- Manage projects with the OKR model and Viva Goals
- The project work in the city of Turku got easier with automation
- The playbook, or management model, ensures the smooth use of tools
- All Solu Digital expert articles
Interested in a project portfolio?
We will be happy to tell you more. Please contact Jari:
050 301 7330
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter digested from our experts' articles.