Microsoft Viva Goals to align daily work with strategic goals
Microsoft Viva Goals is an extension application of the Microsoft Viva product family that aligns teams to achieve the results of the goals set according to the organization’s strategic priorities.
Viva Goals helps improve results and promote company success by centralizing employee and team goal setting and management of goals and key results in Microsoft Teams.
Achieve results that support strategic goals with Microsoft Viva Goals:
- Build a culture based on goals, where the work of teams is directly aimed at achieving results
- Create clarity on strategic goals and work performance and keep the entire staff on the same page in a scalable way
- Help personnel understand the impact of their own work on goals and key results
- Define your organization’s success by easily creating, accepting, and aligning goals and key results
Viva Goals makes it easier to clarify goals and the key results by making them a visible part of daily work. The internal models help to start working according to the OKR model (objectives & key results).
The application works as a Teams integration as well as a web application, in which case Viva Goals is available as a separate application if other Microsoft products are not in use.
Viva Goals can be connected to existing work systems with Teams, Azure DevOps, Jira, Asana, Hubspot, Salesforce, and Tableau integrations and other application connections.
The easy-to-use application enables setting personal and team-specific goals and key results. With the help of overviews, you can quickly form an overall picture of the team’s daily activities in connection with the set goals.
OKR approval workflows, organization-, team- and employee-specific goal pages, and a diagram view make goal setting transparent at all levels of the organization.
Viva Goals provides real-time situational information on progress towards goals with dynamically updated and customizable guidance views and information on OKR goals and key results. Control views can be shared as links throughout the organization, allowing all teams and functions to stay up-to-date on progress.
Customizable presentation templates help communicate progress, context, experiences, lessons learned, and next steps to different stakeholders simply and effectively.
Various check-ins and reminders in Microsoft Teams, as well as the Teams chat message extension, make it easy to review and share progress and turn meaningful information into action.
The Microsoft Teams product license is a prerequisite for the use of Viva goals in Teams with the following licenses:
- Microsoft 365 F1, F3, E3, A3, E5, A5.
- Office 365 F3, E1, A1, E3, A3, E5, A5.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Business Standard, Business Premium.
- Microsoft SharePoint K, service package 1 or service package 2 license.
Check out our customer stories:
- NRC Group & Solu Digital: Boosting project work with the Solu 365 automation tool
- The city of Turku & Solu Digital: Project work independent of location and device with the help of Solu 365 automation
- Panostaja & Solu Digital: Solu 365® for Microsoft Teams provides a swift communications platform and document management
- Scania & Solu Digital: Efficiency for operations with easy-to-use solutions of Microsoft SharePoint, Power BI, Power Apps, Teams, and Solu 365®
- Trade Union Pro & Solu Digital: Solu 365® streamlines teamwork by enhancing communication and document management
Read more from our expert articles:
- Microsoft Viva Connections brings the intranet to Teams
- Using Microsoft Teams effectively: 5 Tips articles
- Teams management with Solu 365® workgroup automation
- Solu 365® automates project management
- Microsoft Teams’ 5th anniversary: 3 highlights from the roadmap
- Teams deployment and organizational maturity model
- Manage projects with the OKR model and Viva Goals
- Microsoft Viva Engage connects the work community
- Microsoft Teams Premium takes the meeting experience to a new level
- The importance of trust in modern hybrid working
- How to add your content to Microsoft Viva Learning
- Using artificial intelligence in business
- Know your competitive advantage
- Ensure data security before rolling out Copilot
- SharePoint Premium: intelligent information management for vanguard organizations
- All Solu Digital expert articles
Want to hear more about Microsoft Viva Goals and how it helps to achieve results according to strategic goals?
Please contact Marko:
Chief Commercial Officer, Partner
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter digested from our experts’ articles.